Transart has enriched the interface component of its own ERP systems – B-Org and Neomanager – with two EDI extensions designed to automate the exchange of data / documents in electronic format (orders, invoices, etc.) between the (ERP) information systems of the manufacturer / distributor and the large retailers (Metro, Billa, Cora, Auchan, Carrefour, LIDL, Kaufland etc.) in Romania.
With extensive experience in business information system integration either between the various components such as SFA, WMS, Retail, e-Commerce with their ERP system, or between the various ERP systems installed at distributors and the complex Business Intelligence solutions developed and installed at the big manufacturers – their suppliers, Transart expands the interface component with extensions for two of the most common EDI platforms in Romania: Comarch and Docprocess DocXchange.
EDI solutions are the electronic alternative solutions to paper-based business data exchange. They are designed to automate the flow of information between the information systems, and to eliminate in time paper-based documents, and with them all their disadvantages.
Some of the main benefits of implementing EDI systems are as follows:
- a reduction to one-third of the document processing costs (e.g. paper vs. electronic invoices);
- a shortening of the time needed for the transfer of documents between systems operating at both ends: from 4-5 days (on paper) to a few hours – using the EDI interconnection.
- increased data accuracy of the documents;
- a shortening of the processing and of the order fulfilment time, and thus – a reduction of the stock levels of products to be provided to the retailer;
- improved cash flow and a reduced order-collection cycle etc.
EDI, short for Electronic Data Interchange, is a structured transmission of data between organizations by electronic means. This system is used to transfer electronic documents from one computer system to another – from one organization to another – without any human intervention. The companies using EDI can interchange documents such as orders, shipping notices, receipt notes, invoices, stock and sales reports, product catalogues etc.